Legal & Disclaimer
Legal & Disclaimer
1. The 1st Congres of the European Academy of Neurology, Berlin 2015 (EAN 2015) does not offer any medical advice through its website. The information provided here is solely for individual, non-commercial, education and understanding of the scientific issues involved.
2. Although the EAN (EFNS/ENS) has taken reasonable care to ensure that the information, data and other material, when placed on its website, are error-free and up-to-date, the EAN (EFNS/ENS) makes no express or implied warranty or representation as to the results to be obtained from the use of information, data or other material on its website. EAN (EFNS/ENS) cannot be held liable for any damage or loss (including direct, indirect, consequential, special, economic and general loss) arising out of the use of its website including, without limitation, any information, data or other material thereon.
3. The EAN (EFNS/ENS) does not
(a) make any warranty, express or implied, with respect to the use of links provided on its website; nor
(b) guarantee the accuracy, completeness, usefulness or adequacy of any resources, information, system, product or process available - at or through its website
4. The copyright on materials on this website may belong to the EAN (EFNS/ENS) or others unless otherwise stated. All rights are reserved. The use of any materials supplied on the EAN (EFNS/ENS) website is limited to viewing, downloading, temporary storing and printing for individual, non-commercial, purposes only. Unauthorized use including reproduction, copying, downloading, storing, broadcasting, transmitting or recording by any means in any form or through any media is strictly prohibited.
5. Reference at the EAN (EFNS/ENS) Website to any specific commercial product, process or service by its trade name, trademark, manufacture or otherwise, does not constitute or imply its endorsement or recommendation by the EAN (EFNS/ENS). Any trademark reference belongs to its owner and the EAN (EFNS/ENS) makes no claim as to its use or ownership.
THANK YOU FOR ASSESSING AND READING THE INFORMATION ON THIS SITE.
II. Your obligations and conduct
III. Sharing Your Content and Information
IV. Privacy and Safety
2. The EAN provide this website to you, your department, and any other entity on whose behalf you accept these terms (COLLECTIVELY “YOU”), subject to these terms. These terms are entered into by and between EAN and YOU, and you accept them by registering and logging in on this website. If you do not agree to all of these terms, do not register and log in on this website.
II. YOUR OBLIGATIONS AND CONDUCT
1. In consideration of Your use of the website, You agree to: (a) provide accurate, current, and complete information about You as may be prompted by the registration form on the website; (b) maintain the security of your password and identification; (c) maintain and promptly update the registration data, and any information You provide to EAN (EFNS/ENS), to keep it accurate, current and complete. You have sole responsibility for adequate protection and backup of data and/or equipment used in connection with the website.
2. You are entirely responsible for all content that You upload, post or otherwise transmit via the website. You agree not to upload, post or otherwise transmit via the website content that: (a) is inaccurate, harmful, obscene, pornographic, defamatory, racist, violent, offensive, harassing, or otherwise objectionable to EAN (EFNS/ENS) or other users of the website; (b) includes unauthorized disclosure of personal information; (c) violates or infringes anyone's intellectual property rights; or (d) contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment. EAN (EFNS/ENS) reserves the right to edit or remove content that violates these Terms or that contains third-party commercial advertisements.
3. You agree that You will not use the website to: (a) transmit spam, bulk or unsolicited communications; (b) pretend to be EAN (EFNS/ENS) or someone else, or spoof EAN's (EFNS/ENS) or someone else's identity; (c) forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers (including URLs) in order to disguise the origin of any content transmitted through the website; (d) misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity; (e) disrupt the normal flow of dialogue or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other users' ability to use the website; (f) engage in activities that would violate any fiduciary relationship, any applicable local, state, national or international law, or any regulations having the force of law, including but not limited to attempting to compromise the security of any networked account or site, operating an illegal lottery or gambling operation, stalking, or making threats of harm; or (g) collect or store personal data about other users unless specifically authorized by such users.
4. Commercial activities, such as promotion of products, commercial advertisements, etc. must not be placed on the website. Users wishing to place ads on the EAN (EFNS/ENS) website must contact EAN Head Office.
If you violate the Terms, or otherwise create possible legal exposure for us, we can stop providing all or part of the website to you. We will generally try to notify you, but have no obligation to do so. You may also delete your account or disable your application at any time.
III. Sharing Your Content and Information
You own all of the content and information you post on the website, and You can control how You share Your content through your privacy and application settings.
When you delete personal content, it is deleted in a manner similar to emptying the recycle bin on a computer. However, you understand that removed content may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time (but will not be available to others).
IV. Privacy and Safety
1. Member and Non-Member (collectively: Member) Data Collection
The EAN (EFNS/ENS) collects both member and non-member information from multiple sources including but not limited to membership applications, service on EAN (EFNS/ENS) committees and EAN (EFNS Scietentist Panels/ ENS Subcommtitees), product purchaches, meeting attendance, CME activities, surveys, abstract and manuscript submittals, subscription requests, Registered Users of the website, charitable contributions, and training and certification organisations. The member and non-member data collected by the EAN (EFNS/ENS) is the intellectual property of the EAN (EFNS/ENS).
2. Member contact information
Members of the EAN (EFNS/ENS) may have access to member contact information. Member contact information may not be stored, reproduced or in any other manner provided to others or used for promotional purposes without the written permission of the EAN (EFNS/ENS). Members’ contact information may be used by the EAN (EFNS/ENS) or its subsidiaries for informational and commercial purposes. Members may opt out of receiving commercial communications by informing the EAN (EFNS/ENS).
3. Members demographic information
All de-identified demographic information collected through survey responses, seminar attendance, product purchase, or other collection methods may be disclosed. Individual responses or personal information collected, such as educational background or practice profile, may be used by the EAN (EFNS/ENS) and its subsidiaries but may not be disclosed to outside entities. Individual information may not be disclosed to other members unless needed for EAN (EFNS/ENS) committee work.
4. EAN (EFNS/ENS) Directory
EAN (EFNS/ENS) Directories are distributed free-of-charge. The directory may not be sold, stored, reproduced, or in any other manner provided to others or used for promotional purposes without the express written permission of the EAN (EFNS/ENS).
5. Use of contact information for marketing
The EAN (EFNS/ENS) may use any contact information to appropriately market services to its membership and customers. The EAN (EFNS/ENS) may also disclose this information to EAN (EFNS/ENS) subsidiaries. The EAN (EFNS/ENS) will manage marketing so as not to inundate Members with marketing materials.
6. Limitation of Liability
In no event will the EAN (EFNS/ENS) be liable to any party of any direct, indirect, incidental, special, exemplary or consequential damages of any type whatsoever related to or arising from this web site or any use of this web site, or of any site or resource linked to, referenced, or accessed through this website, or for the use or downloading of, or access to, any materials, information, products, or services, including, without limitation any lost profits, business interruption, lost savings or loss of programmes or other data.
1. By "EAN (EFNS/ENS)" we mean the European Academy of Neurology (founded in June 2014 by the European Federation of Neurological Societies (EFNS) and the European Neurological Society (ENS).
2. By website we mean the features and services we make available through (a) our website (including sub-domains) (b) our Registered User area, (c) the e-education area.
3. By User area we mean all areas for which you have exclusive access by logging I with your username and password.
4. By "us," "we" and "our" we mean the EAN (EFNS/ENS).
5. By “post” we mean post on the website or otherwise make available to us.
6. By “use” we mean use, copy, publicly perform or display, distribute, modify, translate.